Vision and Objectives
The vision of the Ocean System Simulation and Control Laboratory (OSSCL) is to practically benefit the offshore industry through Ocean System Simulation and Control Consortium and other collaborative activities.
The objectives of the consortium are
- to keep identifying contemporary challenges in the offshore/shipbuilding industry and develop innovative cost-effective solutions,
- to develop Integrated Suite of Variable Fidelity Computation Tools that include boundary element methods, Computational Fluid Dynamics, dynamic and structural simulation, and advanced controls,
- to develop Smarter Ocean Systems utilizing automation, advanced materials, and controls,
- to advance fundamental theoretical and numerical researches.
Achieving the objectives, the OSSCL will address technical challenges, which
- contribute to cost reduction of offshore operations,
- improve entire safety and global performance
- create new opportunities and values for smart solutions.
Furthermore, the OSSCL will persistently identify contemporary challenges in the offshore/shipbuilding industry and address them by providing tools and solutions.